These are some of the top relationship tips for men who want to keep their lady, as well as the best tips for those who should or need to lose their lady.
Relationship tips for men who want to keep their partner happy:
1. Chivalry should never die – Send her flowers, hold the door for her, and tell her she is beautiful. All these little things do count, and she will notice when you go out of your way for her.
2. Put her first – If you really want to start a life with someone and a serious commitment has been made, the most important thing is to put your relationship first. Your partner needs to know and be truly convinced that she comes first in your life. If you walk all over her she will walk away from you.
3. Show her your true self – A common mistake that guys often make is feeling that their partner won’t like the real them, so they put up a front or a mask. Many men resist emotional intimacy because it promotes openness and vulnerability. This is a huge mistake they end up paying for through a dysfunctional relationship.
4. Keep the lines of communication open – If something is bothering you then open up about it. Chances are your partner can already sense that you are not your usual self and that something is not quite right.
5. Get emotionally connected the physical way – Snuggle, hold hand, gaze into her eyes and touch her when appropriate.
Relationship tips for men who need to jump ship:
1. There’s a lack of mutual attraction – if you’re not into her then it’s time to pull the plug. Staying with someone because you are afraid to be alone, or just don’t want to give up on the time invested is not a good enough reason. Likewise if you sense she’s not into you, then the sooner you end it the better. Engaging in this type of relationship is just denying the inevitable. It will eventually end and you will have invested even more time into a dud relationship or you will stay together and be miserable; it’s a “lose-lose” situation.
2. You don’t like who you are when you are with her – If your partner drives you crazy and you turn into someone you don’t like very much, it’s time to let go. Similarly if you cannot be yourself around her, then it really isn’t worth investing anymore time in the relationship.
3. She is unfaithful – There is always one ‘get-out-of-jail-free card’ with this. If the relationship is strong enough and your partner is sure it was a mistake that won’t happen again, you should seriously consider forgiving her. But if she continues down that path and the behavior is repeated, then it’s time to kick the relationship to the curb. You deserve better.
4. You find yourself isolated – If your partner attempts to isolate you from your friends or family then there is a real problem. In a strong relationship the two of you should be able to maintain a healthy balance between your old life and your new life with your partner.